SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Show off your newest roses for this season

I think my latest batch of roses, planted this spring, are some of the best ones in my garden. Since they are only a couple months old, its hard to say how well they will mature and if that will change their looks any, but I must say, my new batch for spring 2016 are showing exceptional promise.

So I want to show them off. : ) And I'd like to see your newest beauties also--the ones that look like they are future winners in the garden.

Love Song--I've already bragged about her. Just drop-dead gorgeous. However, she's taking a long time to have a second-cycle bloom. Hopefully that will improve with age.

Olivia Rose Austin--another newbie with great promise. She's only a little over two months old and only about a foot tall, but she's determined to push out a bloom or two every few days--though admittedly they don't last long in this July heat.

Broceliande-- This poor thing got planted twice this spring--planted in the wrong bed the first time--but now that it is settling in, it is one of the most eager growers I have ever seen. Always has buds and a couple new blooms--excellent job for a newbie!

Toscana Vigorosa--a "drift" style rose, planted around the base of my birdbath. Also seems eager to bloom.

Pope John Paul II--another excellent plant so far.

Clothilde Soupert--I think she is new this year, but maybe my memory is getting fuzzy. She has only bloomed once so far and shows no signs of re-blooming--but I'll wait. She's throwing out lots of long canes and looking much more vigorous now--the double trellis will soon be swallowed.

So what are your most promising newbies for the 2016 season? Let's have a show!

Kate

Comments (32)