SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Show off your yellow roses--Part I

dublinbay z6 (KS)
12 years ago

Since we have quite a few pinks and stripeys, I guess its time to start thinking yellows and yellow/blends. I don't have too many, but hope you enjoy them anyway.

Here's a darling mini: Sweet Diana.

{{gwi:309005}}

One of my most floriferous: Austin's Molineux.

{{gwi:205463}}

Blooms in clusters: Well-Being.

I used to have Austin's Happy Child. Just love that bloom. Included here for old time's sake.

{{gwi:218935}}

I never think of this rose as yellow, but the official records always describe it as yellow with pink blush edges (or something like that). So here it is: Love and Peace.

{{gwi:332864}}

Now here's a true yellow: Golden Showers Climber.

{{gwi:288156}}

Is this a white/cream/pale yellow blend? Or a creamy yellow with lemon yellow center? I'm not sure, but it is a wonderful, disease-resistant, generously re-blooming rose with a large bloom: Elina.

{{gwi:220212}}

Wasn't sure if Buff Beauty was stretching it too far--though one source used to describe it as a buff yellow blend, but I always thought that was exaggerating.

However, next spring I will be able to add two more yellow Austins: The Pilgrim climber and Lady of Shalott (though I'm not sure exactly what color that blend is).

Hope you enjoy. And show me your yellows too. I actually love yellow roses, just don't seem to have too many for some odd reason.

Kate

Comments (33)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!