SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

show off your pink roses (part i)

dublinbay z6 (KS)
12 years ago

Here I am in the winter doldrums, and as Seil would put it, I need a picture fix.

How about if we post a new thread every couple weeks, each one celebrating our loveliest roses, based on colors.

Everybody can contribute, and if the thread gets too long and picture heavy, we can start another thread continuing it (Pink Roses, Part I, Part II, Part III, etc.).

I'm not a great photographer, but I'll start this PINK ROSE THREAD. Let's make that pink and pink blends.

CELEBRATE PINK ROSES

Jubilee Celebration (Austin rose)--I love the hint of yellow at the base of the petals.

Mayflower (Austin rose)--good dependable bloomer; lusher bloom in autumn.

{{gwi:288163}}

Mystic Beauty (Bourbon rose)--my favorite new rose. Exquisite beauty.

{{gwi:236892}}

Elle (Hybrid tea)-- love those blended colors.

{{gwi:325447}}

Peter Mayle (Hybrid Tea) and Mrs. John Laing (Hybrid Perpetual)-- Peter is the hot pink blooms in front, with the BIGGGGG blooms. I mean, really BIGGGGGGG. I don't seem to have any individual blooms of light pink Mrs. Laing, but you can see her in the background.

{{gwi:220212}}

Mortimer Sackler (Austin rose)-- grown as a tall shrub, but indicates it would enjoy being a climber also.

{{gwi:205464}}

Mortimer Sackler close-up

{{gwi:223985}}

Earth Song (grandiflora? I'm never sure how this one is classified) -- very floriferous and dependable.

{{gwi:292621}}

Queen of Sweden (Austin rose)-- not my best picture, but I just discovered it is the only one I have of this rose. I'd best get on the ball and take pics of it next summer!

Fru Dagmar Hastrup (Rugosa rose)-- brand new Dagmar strutting her very first bloom last summer. Looking forward to lots of blooms next summer. Love those rugosa leaves.

{{gwi:215443}}

Eden Climber (Romantica rose)-- another one I need to take more pictures of. I love this rose and have no idea why I have so few photos of it to pick from

{{gwi:228929}}

That's most of my pink ones--I have a few unidentified pink photos and a few others I somehow didn't take pics of--such as Lady of Guadalupe. Must correct that this summer.

Please do add your PINK ROSES to this thread, or start a PINK ROSES, PART II thread if this one gets too long.

Enjoy!

Kate

Comments (31)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio