SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
behlgarden

Watering @ Hot Peppers, need to fine tune my watering

behlgarden
12 years ago

Funny thing happened yesterday. My peppers were thriving in less watering in raised planters that drain well. But on the same timer and line my tomatores were suffering. Yesterday I increased watering time for my tomatotes so they get 6 gal/week on 4GPH drippers, watered 3-times/week for deep watering. I realized that in doing so I may kill my peppers. So I decided to install 1GPH drips @ Peppers. I ran to home depot and I was shocked when I got back, I had removed the existing irrigation connection to peppers so water was about 6" over the soil with plants smiling and crying for help at the same time.

With planter soil fertile and good drainage, water exited the planter in under 5 minutes after I shut off the water.

Now, the question is how much water do hot peppers need in this situation? In order to get 6 gallons/Week to tomatoes (in same raised planter condition), 1 GPH drippers will put 1.5 gal/week to peppers and 2 GPH drippers will get them 3 gal/week.

What number should I use for peppers so they thrive and not get over or under watered?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio