SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimt_2008

Aaron's Nursery Business Practices

jimt-2008
16 years ago

It is rare I would bother to publicize a bad experience with a vendor but others should really know about Aaron's Nursery, in Sumner, GA. I've bought from dozens of nurseries over a long history but have never confronted such a company before.

I bought a Plantation Pomegranate tree that was advertised as suitable for as far north as I live, just outside Washington, DC. Well, it died. There is a replacement policy, but the owner (Rick) takes this a bit far. He insists I send it back to him to "inspect under a microscope." Once back to him, he will only replace it with another and I again have to pay the shipping, some $26.

Overall, I am left feeling that I have been mistreated by this guy and the very least I can do is let others know that dealing with Aaron's Nursery is done at some peril.

A reputable nursery would not require returning the plant and would certainly allow, if not welcome, substitution, plus they typically will even pay the replacement postage in the interest of goodwill. Not Aaron's Nursery. Caveat emptor.

I have not decided whether to risk another $40 to follow $120 already wasted. Likely not.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH