SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mustangrose

What makes an employee stand out from the crowd?

Mustangrose
19 years ago

I just landed a job at a big "destination" nursery, and, as I am a passionate amateur gardener, I am plenty excited.

During the interview, my love of gardening surfaced, and i was asked to take a "horticulture test", which I did well on. The position i interviewed for was a general cashier position, but via the test, it was determined that as I have some knowledge in plant selection and care, I will be working in the staging/growing area (warm house) and information desk. Of course, I love this!

This is a big nursery that grows for others as well as their own retail outlet. The actual retail location is of the 'complex' type, with gift shop, cafe, wedding and floral. They do have a year round staff, but my position, is, of course, seasonal. They do hire their year round employees from the seasonal pool, and my question is, what would make an employee so valuable and desirable, that they would rise to the top of this pool of potential employees? Thanks for any advice you take time to give, this is a dream come true opportunity for me. Thanks again

Comments (21)

Sponsored