SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macgregor_gw

Need Idea Help for One End of Potager with Concrete Wall

macgregor
12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am asking for ideas anyone might have for redoing an area in front of our basement exterior wall, which lines up perfectly across the paver walkway from my potager.For the sake of clarity in my post I'll call this area the "potager annex!"

Until now I have had a 3-part trellis in the front of the annex, hiding the rest of it, which is overgrown with hosta and weeds. There is a nice daylily bed in front of the trellis, and a low rock wall stacked in front of that. I also have a mandarin honeysuckle vine growing on the trellis.

I would like to keep the rock wall, and perhaps the lilies, but want to open up the area and maybe put the trellis on the left, to make a sense of enclosure on that side. The hostas are beastly, look like the hostas that ate Manhattan or something - so I'd like to ditch those (maybe give them to someone).

The fence from the potager continues into the right side of the annex, offering some sense of enclosure on that side.

I thought I could have the center gravel path from the potager go up across the paver walkway, into the annex, to give a sense of continuity to the potager. Does this sound like it would look alright?

Also, any thoughts on what to do with the concrete wall and the area surrounding it? I would say the garden area is about 10-12 feet wide and 8 feet deep up to the wall, and the wall is about 8 feet high.

Any ideas will be MOST welcome! This area has been bothering me for years, and I hope to take care of it in an attractive way that doesn't look like I threw it together.

Thanks friends!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert