SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mattb2003

Plumeria flowers turning brown then dying

mattb2003
11 years ago

Hello,

I've tried to search on this, but couldn't find a post with exactly this problem. We planted our plumeria stem about 2 years ago, and it has been doing great! This season, the leaves have been growing really well and the plant seems to be doing well despite the dry weather we have here in Colorado. Last year we got about 4 flowers before the growing season ended, so we were excited to see what was going to happen this year. For some reason, the flowers start to grow, but then turn brown and die, either while they are starting to open or before. The picture above is the 4th flower that's doing this (the first 3 turned brown/black and then died). You can also see the other buds have brown spots on them (I apologize that the picture is so dark). The rest of the plant looks great! The leaves are green and a 4th stem is starting to branch off. Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone could tell us why the flowers are dying. We keep the plumeria outside during the summer and it gets lots of sunlight. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Comments (26)