SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Today's Catalof Is....Irish Eyes Organic Potatoes/Garlic/Seeds

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
13 years ago

The catalog that was in the mailbox this morning was the Spring 2011 Irish Eyes Garden Seeds featuring organic seed potatoes, organic garlic and organic early season vegetable seeds as well as gardening supplies.

I haven't had much time to look through it yet, but know from previous experience that it is a very good catalog. At the beginning of each vegetable seed section there is 'growing guide' info that is very detailed and very good. You could use the catalog as a 'how to grow' guide.

I did look at their seed potato offerings and noticed they are offering several new ones including Yukon Gem, a blight-resistant mid-season variety that has Yukon Gold in its parentage; Blazer, an early season Russett type; and Bake King, which they describe as halfway between a traditional white potato and a russet.

Irish Eyes will ship early for folks like us who have to plant "early" while most of the country is still frozen solid, but even they will hold an order and ship it late if freezing temps lie between us and them. You can pay extra for an insulated shipping box that prevents your seed potatoes from freezing.

Many of the seeds offered in this catalog are for the early season types since this company is based in Washington state and many of their customers are either in the Pacific Northwest or along the West Coast where slow season varieties often perform best. However, there are some mid- and late-season types as well.

I've linked their website in case anyone wants to see what they have or wants to request a catalog.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Irish Eyes Seed Company

Comment (1)