SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westhamutd_gw

New potatoes & garden pics

westhamutd
12 years ago

I decided to check some of the potatoes this morning & harvested the first new potatoes of the season.They are probably one of my favorite Spring time veggies.I just boil them,then add a spoon of butter,cracked pepper,sea salt & a little chopped mint.These are Red Pontiac variety.

I snapped a few pics of the garden,while I was out there.

More Red Pontiac potatoes.I planted the equivalent of a 40ft row.I think the seed potatoes cost me about $3 from my local feed store.

Asparagus bed & garlic in the bed next to it

English peas on the right(just flowering)& Peppers on the left.I plant mainly Bell peppers & also a couple of banana & jalapenos

Strawberries are really taking off now.I made 2 lb of jam yesterday

Onions,leeks & scallions.I planted 4 beds total of onions.I plan to dry & also freeze hopefully enough for the year.

Celery.It has great flavor,but is more tough than the store bought variety.It is excellent for cooking with though.

Greenhouse toms are winding down.The ones planted out in the garden are just forming the first fruits.

Muscadines are just forming flower buds

Now for the ugly.This is my last bed of turnips.They have been really hit hard by flea beetles.I have sprayed with soapy water,which kills a bunch,but there are just too many.I will be pulling them this weekend.

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Comments (60)

• sumala
    12 years ago

Now you are really making me think. I found out about the corn kinda by accident several years ago and yes, it works very well. Cherry tomatos also get rinsed and tossed into a freezer bag. Very handy for anything you want to use them for.

What about things like carrots? Do you freeze them raw also? Do they maintain texture and color plus flavor?

I had a pretty good sweet pea crop this year and I froze them unprepped. They seemed to hold just fine but they were not in there long. Have you ever frozen them and held them long term?

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I freeze all my extra tomatoes to use for making sauces.A quick dunk in water when they come out the freezer & the skin peels right off-then ready for cooking.
    As for things like carrots/parsnips/turnips etc,I prep them two ways.Either dice them,freeze on baking trays & then place in bags(this keeps them from becoming a solid lump once frozen).I can then just grab a handle as needed.The second way,is to cut them in half lengthways & freeze.I use these for roasting in the oven.Both ways they keep good color & flavor.They will be a little softer than fresh,but they definately don't go soggy.
    I've never managed to grow enough peas to freeze(as We eat them as soon as they are ready),but I'm hoping this year I will be able to freeze some.I froze several pounds of black eye peas & beans last Summer & they have kept really well.
    What I do like about this,is that all the prep work is done upfront.For example,slice up some cabbage & pack it into freezer bags-draw out all the air & seal.Then when it is time to cook,just pop the contents in the pot.Hope this gives You a few ideas.

• Related Discussions

Finally ready to post some pics of my new garden (lots of them)

Q

Comments (20)
    Thanks again, especially for the candytuft ID, they are the stars of the spiral right now but they're starting to go to seed. I have a fountain in the front yard, and although I agree it would look great I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle in that particular spot. Birds love fountains, consequently they need to be cleaned frequently and it always involves splashing a lot of water on the ground and walking around the fountain a bit. Maybe I could get a birdbath and hook it to the irrigation system, but a statue would be easier and require less maintenance. I think I'm a one fountain person, a second is not something I relish taking care of but I wouldn't dream of getting rid of the one I have. Most recently a bench has been added to the garden, I realized that the place where the path brushes the raised bed is the coolest and most comfortable spot to hang out so I mentioned it to the DH and next thing I knew we had a new bench. I love it, it's perfect for sitting and enjoying my new area.
    ...See More

Annie's New Garden Pics

Q

Comments (19)
    Oh Annie, that was wonderful. It feels like home to look at all of your great photos. We also have chickens, about 22 of them. They are laying so much now we are giving eggs away by the dozens daily. I'm terrified of them but love having them around and you cannot beat the fresh eggs. We have 3 dogs, one is a yellow lab we rescued as a pup and she is scared of her own shadow. We also have a catahoula mix who is a tremendous help at herding the horses when they decide to "visit" the house. And, we adopted a Brittany last year who was in bad need of a good home. He is learning to protect the chickens and to help herd the horses. Mostly he just loves to be where ever you are and to ride in the vehicles, especially the tractor. We also have a cat that was saved from the side of the highway. It is so funny watching him stalk the chickens! We always say no more dogs or cats but then another one comes our way that we just can't say no to. We lost a blue heeler a couple of years ago and a red heeler last year. The heelers are the smartest dogs I have ever owned or worked with. It just hurts too much when you have to say goodbye to them. I almost forgot the orphaned pygmy goat who now thinks she is a horse. Okay enough about the animals...your gardens are fabulous!! I love your style of gardening and I admire you for keeping on..you are an inspiration. Love the veggies and the grassy paths through the flowers. Do you can all of your veggies? We did a run of salsa last night and I have green beans in the canner now. I love the brandywine tomatoes--perfect on a fresh egg sandwich. We have only been here 3 years and hardly ever get any visitors either. I just hope I can accomplish half as much as you have with my gardens. Just beautiful!
    ...See More

New pics of garden! (warning, pic-heavy)

Q

Comments (2)
    Esther, I really like your minis in the pot especially. I thought I had Marilyn Monroe, but apparently the hosta I thought was MM all along is not. Your hostas are looking really good! Angie
    ...See More

Garden pics and I my new gardening book

Q

Comments (4)
    Great pics! Your yard looks really incredible, I see lots of nice new plants and old ones doing great too. Congrats on your book, I'll have to download it onto my kindle and take a look at it! The summer poinsettias look really cool! I've never seen them used in a landscape before like that, and I think it's an amazing look! How did you grow them to that size? Did you start them off as small plants or seeds? Thanks for sharing. Looks like another good summer in your yard! -Alex
    ...See More
  • derbyka
    12 years ago

Does the cabbage hold up well enough frozen to use for things like stirfry or do you think it is mainly only good for soups? I am about to get a ton of napa cabbage all at once and would love to be able to preserve some for making mu shu later on.

• tomncath
    12 years ago

I'm late to the party, absolutely beautiful garden! I'm watching the follow up info closely, what about broccoli? Would it be safe to just freeze it?

Tom

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Derbyka,I haven't tried stir frying the cabbage,but I think it would be ok.I would try freezing a small sample & see how you like it.We use the cabbage just as a side veggie,so it just gets boiled for a few minutes.It tastes/looks exactly like fresh.

Hi Tom,thanks.I freeze all my extra broccoli & cauliflower without blanching.Again I just cut it up into manageable pieces & freeze on a baking tray.Once frozen,pop into the bags & draw out as much air as possible.I don't take it out the freezer until the last moment,before it goes into the boiling water-this stops any thawing & prevents the veggies getting soggy.Hope this helps.

• sumala
    12 years ago

I like what you are saying and I know from past personal experience it should all work. I forgot that I have been freezing whole jalapeno peppers and diced watermelon radishes (turnip family) for years. The radishes add a nice touch of color to coleslaw.

Guess I was never inquisitive or adventurous enough to try the raw method with other things.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    12 years ago

Westhamutd,

I found the Velcro Plant Ties. Those are really cool. I had never seen them before. I need to get some! Lots of uses. I am always growing trees from seedlings (yes, lots of patience required) and I like to stake their little trunks to be tall and straight. Very hard to tie that stretchy green tape just right and impossible to adjust once tied. This looks wonderful - much easier to use.

Link below for anyone who wants to see more.

Carol in Jax

Here is a link that might be useful: Google - Velcro Plant Ties

• postlethwait
    12 years ago

Pulled our potatoes just this week, they are great. Didn't plant that many, but already have plans for next crop. Your garden is much bigger than ours, but give us time. We just moved in last Feb and it takes time to get everything built.

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sumala,if you are anything like me,you'll be looking to buy an extra freezer before too long :) We bought an upright freezer to keep in the garage & it is full-might even look for a used chest freezer in the future.

Love the yard,glad you found the ties.It is handy stuff & should pretty much last for ever.

Postlewait,I'm glad your potatoes were really good.I just went & dug some to roast up with dinner tonight.It took me about a year to build all those beds & I've still got some finishing up to do,but it was a very rewarding project.Best of luck with your future plans for the garden.

• tomncath
    12 years ago

I freeze all my extra broccoli & cauliflower without blanching....

Cool, Thanks! Cathy and I will appreciate that, it's always great to learn new ways to save time and effort gardening. Do you soak the veggies in water/salt water before bagging?

Tom

• scents_from_heaven
    12 years ago

You can freeze almost any veggie raw. The secret as mentioned is to lay them on a baking or cookie sheet with sides without touching if possible and freeze. Once they are frozen you place in bags. If you have a food sealer device that draws all the air out and then seals them airtight you can steam the veggies directly in the bag in the microwave or boil in a pot of water.

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tom,I just give stuff like broccoli & cauliflower a quick rinse under the tap.The idea is to shake off as much moisture as possible,as it is the excess water combined with air in the bag(if not drawn out)that will form ice & cause the freezer burn(you can seal the bag almost entirely & then insert a clean drinking straw.Suck out the air in a single breath,while pulling out the straw & sealing the bag.It's not perfect,but it does work).On a side note,did you give any further considertion to setting up a freshwater planted tank ?I got "bit by the bug" pretty bad & went to Tampa last week to pick up a 90 gallon setup.It was formerly a salt water setup,but I converted it to fresh.I am going to transfer my current fish/plants into it & add some discus fish.

Scents from heaven,My wife's best friend picked up one of those vaccum sealers at a yard sale for a few $.She swears by it,because when done properly,the contents can last for a very long time & like you stated,the entire bag can be cooked.I am considering buying one,but I'm also considering trying to dehydrate a lot of the veggies-I like the idea that they will store almost indefinately & take up almost no space.

• tinael01
    12 years ago

What a wonderful looking garden! You are doing great being a transplant yourself. Here is the extension service document on how to freeze different vegetables.

Here is a link that might be useful: Preserving Food: Freezing Vegetables1

• whgille
    12 years ago

Hi Darcy

I hope that your Sunday roast was the best with those new potatoes!
    And yes, I can make a lot of different scones to use with your jam.:)
    I made carrot jam yesterday and today I ate some with greek yogurt, it was delicious!
    I have never tried mint with potatoes but do use mint a lot with grain salads especially, gives them a nice flavor...

Silvia

• sumala
    12 years ago

uhh... tinael01, perhaps you should go back and re-read the posts on this thread ;)

• tomncath
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info, we use the straw method with freezer bags. I'm rethinking all the other stuff.

I'm working 50 hours a week so no tanks for now :-(

Tom

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tinae,thanks-I rooted quite easily :)

Silvia,the roast came out very nice.The potatoes were excellent.I also roasted some carrots & then sprinkled them with fresh dill leaves-very tasty.Guess what we had for leftovers tonight...

Tom,glad I could help a little

• sumala
    12 years ago

My potatoes are pushing up little dirt bubbles everywhere and anticipation is killing me but I'm determined to let them complete their cycle before I start digging.

Especially the purple ones. Seven tiny store bought spuds gave me ten nice stout plants and every one has one or more bubbles popping up around them.

Waiting another sixty days is not going to be easy.

• sis3
    12 years ago

As a fellow Brit I am salivating at the thought of new spuds with mint! Truly a perfect combination! Knowing how different gardening conditions in Florida are from those in England I am truly in awe of your wonderful garden, westhamutd!

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Sis3,many thanks.I might try peas with a dash of mint also,if I can harvest enough without eating them before getting out the garden:) These combos always remind me of my childhood days.After leaving England,I lived up on the East coast of Scotland for a few Years(my base was there)-that was some extreme weather(truly all 4 seasons in a single day) & my veggie gardening consisted of whatever I could squeeze into a greenhouse.I'll take the heat & humidity any day after freezing up there for several years :) Many thanks once again & should I ask what team you support?

• sis3
    12 years ago

Fresh minted garden peas too! Now that is just cruel!

You are one dedicated gardener to have tackled the Scottish climate, even in a greenhouse! My Scots friend who now lives in Tampa says that just prior to leaving Scotland she vowed that on the worst of bad days here in Florida she would relive walking her dog in horizontal freezing rain in Scotland! She felt that that would restore her perspective! It does!

My loyalties lie with Sheff U as they are my home team and my BIL played for them.

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Would it be just plain wrong if I made chips out of new spuds,as I want to make fish & chips for dinner tomorrow :)

Horizontal freezing rain...oh happy days.Encountered a boat load of that stuff 3/4 of the way climbing up Ben Nevis in Winter(it was the military's idea of fun training).I would like to say I saw the view from the peak of the heightest mountain in the UK,but we couldn't even see a hand infront of our face.So I'll have to just take their word for it,that it is a spectacular view.

Sheff Utd...well if my hammers choke at the end of the season,it is quite possible our teams will be playing against each other,as looks like your lads are set for promotion.

• sis3
    12 years ago

Sorry to say I think new potatoes are not the best for chips. "Old" (floury) potatoes give you chips with that fluffy inside and a tasty golden brown outer (salivating again!). If you use new spuds you may find the insides of the chips will stay somewhat solid. From my personal point of view new potatoes are way too valuable (as I can't find any here in Florida) to use as chips. Fish and chips though...yummmmm! And perhaps because I am a northerner I serve them with home-made bread and butter, mushy peas, malt vinegar of course, and tea! I use store bought Yukon Gold for chips and must confess to cooking them these days, in olive oil and a little salt, in the oven.

Ben Nevis in winter! What were they trying to do, kill you off? Brrrr!

West Ham v Sheff U - could well be!

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes I think it would be a bit of a waste to chip them & thanks for letting me know they don't make the best chips-that would of been disapointing.I have a mate who is from Notts(he lives down in Ft lauderdale)& he always has to have mushy peas when he comes up here.My local British pub serves them :)

We used to go to the Scottish Highlands almost every winter to train.I think I have walked or climbed every mountain & valley there.It is one of the most beautiful,but absolutely rugged places on the planet.It was to get us in shape,before going to the arctic for a 3 month "all expenses paid ski holiday"-as the military put it.The weather there was not as bad as Scotland :)

• nugger
    12 years ago

Yet another Brit here, up in Old Town & would be interested to know how the garlic does, never had any look with it here, love your beds, so neat & tidy, I had just a small raised bed but fenced a 60ft square off & nearly got it all planted up, i too have a couple of rows of potatoes but don't think there ready yet, are u suppose to wait till the tops start to die before pulling ? mine just started flowering. I have 5 acres which was nothing but brush but after 7 years its starting to look something like, also got chickens, sheep & a cow lol

• sis3
    12 years ago

Wow nugger, your place sounds interesting! Any photos to share?

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nugger cheers to a fellow Brit :)I dig the potatoes long before they flower,if trying to get them at that "new potatoe" stage.I can't really give you any real signs to look for,as I just go out & scratch back the soil,when I think the spuds are forming.If I find harvestable size spuds-then good.If not I leave for another week or so.I think once they've flowered it is a mature potatoe,which is still great,but doesn't have that new potatoe sweetness.

Also I think I tried to email you last year about some "Sweet Charlie" strawberry plants,but I never heard back from you.I will have a bunch more plants at the end of the year,so if you still need some strawberry plants,give me a shout....will trade for chicken eggs,half a sheep or beer :)...or just give them to you:)

I have a 10 acre parcel here.The pond takes about 2 acres & I have maybe 2 acres total cleared around the house,yard,veggie garden etc-the rest is all mature pines,oaks & maples.I want to keep chickens,but the wife wants me to build a "retirement" hen house,for when they stop laying...that plan is on hold,when I mentioned chicken soup.So instead,I have my few ducks,that are laying eggs,but are so secretive,I never find them until the crows do & I also have a beautiful pair of Embdem geese.The female is sitting on a clutch,that is due to hatch anyday.She has left the nest maybe every 3rd day,just to drink & I've not seen her eat in nearly a month,so I hope her dedication pays off for her.

Best of luck with your garden & give me a shout if you want those strawberry plants in the fall.Best,Darcy.

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Forgot to add,that garlic does very well here.I just buy a few cloves from Publix & plant about October.I should be able to harvest about May & will then hang them to cure.The cloves kept very well & were great for cooking.I did find that when I replanted them,the germination % was really poor,but those that did grow are doing well.I will probably try & keep these plants for propagation.Hope this helps

• sis3
    12 years ago

It's good to hear that you grow garlic successfully, westhamutd. Funnily enough there was a question about the difficulty of growing garlic in the Tampa Bay Times today! I have linked it below.

Here is a link that might be useful: It's simply hard to grow garlic in Florida

• pnbrown
    12 years ago

Have the Brits taken over florida? Y'all'll fight it out with the Canadians!

I had potatoes about 8 inches high when I left fla in the end of february, so I reckon they are close to ready for grabbling new potatoes.

Nice garden, west ham. You have managed to grow decent-tasting parsnips in fla?

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sis3,I read your article & it would have been nice if he had elaborated a bit more as to why it doesn't grow well.When I pull the cloves they are the same size as store bought.Now this year,we have had a very mild winter,so maybe the cloves will be smaller,but hopefully not.

Pnbrown,Yep we are slowly taking over...we are still ticked off about that whole revolution thing :) As far as I'm concerned,this really is the greatest country to live in.Now if only you would learn to drive on the proper side of the road :) The parsnips I grew tasted excellent.This year's were probably twice the size of last year's crop,but still very sweet & not tough or stringy.Some of the roots I pulled were over 18" long(I double dug all the beds before filling with topsoil,so the roots can really grow down).My only issue with parsnips(especially this season)has been getting hold of viable seed.we have a friend up in Ct,so I may ask her to mail me down some fresh seed & I'll plant that in the fall.Hope this helps

• sumala
    12 years ago

westhamutd, when you plant your garlic bulbs do they sprout immediately? Mine do even when planting in October or November.

They don't really have that dormant period and certainly don't have to worry about snow and frozen ground which you don't either but maybe you are just enough north of me to have colder soil.

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sumala,when I use the fresh publix cloves,then yes they are literally up in a week or so.I think the cloves get chilled once picked,cleaned,shipped etc & it seems to be enough to then allow the individual cloves to sprout once planted.I think this is why I had such poor sprouting when I used my own harvested/stored cloves.I keep them in my workshop/shed,which gets very warm in summer.They stored fine for cooking with,but I think not having the cold period,really stopped them from sprouting when I planted them.I never dug any cloves to check,but I'm sure they probably just rotted away.We hit 22degs here a couple of nights this year,but only had a few frosts besides that.Last year was very different,we had a few weeks of frosts/freezes,so it will be interesting to see how the cloves compare to last year.

• nugger
    12 years ago

Thanks for the offer of the strawberry plants Darcy, are you in Ocala ? I used store bought cloves that grew great but didn't produce a bulb so never gave it another try. I only have 5 sheep at the moment but hoping to put one of the rams in the freezer when it gets bigger. Just bought some lamb from public's today but wont pay $17.99 a # for lamb chops! thats why i got the sheep lol, I also got me a calfe after tasting a t bone off the guy over the fence that raises his own, plus the pink slime crap there puting in stuff. Stay in touch Frank from Barnsley south yorkshire

• nugger
    12 years ago

Some pictures of my garden, just hit picasa

Here is a link that might be useful: picasa

• pnbrown
    12 years ago

Well, it's a take-over that's been going on for while; my g-grandmother was from London and came to fla as a young woman and never left. Numerous descendants living in the state now.

WH, I can send you fresh seed in august, i always have a bunch of plants seeding at that time. I think they are "hollow crown" variety. send me an email reminder then if you think of it. I guess there is just enough frost in z9 to sweeten up parsnips.

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Great piece of property Frank.I had to take down a huge dead oak tree,that was right beside where I wanted to put the veggie garden.I think it took me nearly 3 weeks to chop it all up,shred it & haul it out of the way.Love the sun room.Remind me about the strawberry plants in the fall(just post up a new thread when it is time,about end october)I should be able to get you about 40 or 50 young plants,if they do as well as last season.I'm east of Ocala,right on the edge of the National forest.All the best,Darcy.

PnBrown,thanks for the offer of the seed.I will gladly cover the shipping & your time.Hollow crown is the type that I've grown down here the last few seasons.Thanks again,Darcy.

• sis3
    12 years ago

It's obvious you have done a lot of hard work on your property, nugger! It's looking great! I have never seen a flower on an air potato before, it is surprisingly beautiful! That Sago is amazing! It must have been quite the job to transplant! It's easy to see why you love your sunroom!
    Did you receive my email?

• nugger
    12 years ago

Can't see any e mail sis, thanks Darcy I Will remind you.

• sumala
    12 years ago

westhamutd, I have never used regular seed garlic but it is always hit or miss for me. Sometimes it makes bulbs, sometimes not.

I gave in to temptation today and dug some new potatoes. Dinner will be good tonight.

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

How were those New potatoes Sumala?I'm not sure the garlic is going to do well this season,as We have hit 93/94 a few days this week.Many of my onions are already collapsing at the neck & they haven't formed a bulb...I don't think We will be freezing many extra onions.I knew this was going to be a tough season for bugs,due to the lack of freezes,but it is looking like it will be really bad.I just planted a bed of bush beans & have lost half to cutworms.This means the Fall plantings are going to be really eaten up by bugs this year.Best of luck with yours

• sumala
    12 years ago

The two bites I had were great but I have been so sick I could not force myself to eat more. Dinner last night was a PBJ sandwich and a glass of milk and my stomach didn't want to take that much.

What kind of onions did you plant? My store bought yellows made nice plants but haven't bulbed yet and I don't think they are going to. My yellows from seed are doing a little better, not good but better. My whites were almost dead when I bought them but they did make small plants and small bulbs. I think the yellows were from Bonnie plants and I was thinking maybe they were mislabeled and are actually longer day onions. I read that they had weather problems and a reduced crop last fall so maybe they just packed whatever they had and labeled it according to what was ordered.

I planted my garlic late so I wasn't expecting much. I think I will just leave it in the ground and see if they will come back in the fall.

• pnbrown
    12 years ago

Time to get those cowpeas and limas in.

• loufloralcityz9
    12 years ago

Pop your Publix garlic cloves in the fridge for a few weeks before planting them. That seems to qualify the cold requirements.

Lou

• westhamutd
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sumala,been a really hectic week,so sorry for not responding sooner.I planted Granex yellow onions that I started from seed.I also planted yellow & red sets,that were labeled as short day.As of now the Granex are the only ones forming bulbs,but even they look pretty sad compared to last year.I planted close to a thousand of the sets & almost half have just withered & died in the last few weeks.The rest are growing but not really forming any bulb.I think it was just a bad "winter" for growing them.I think next season I will just grow all of them from seed,so I know what I'm getting.I did grow some Spanish onions from seed last season & might try those again.They grew huge,but did not store well compared to the Granex.I will chop & freeze them in the future.Hope Your feeling much better.

• sumala
    12 years ago

Hi..I'm writing this on behalf of sumala..I wanted to let everyone know that he passed away this past Wednesday April 25 at the Veteran's Hospital in WPB. He thought he had the flu but just couldn't seem to shake it. We went to the VA on Monday thinking we'd get some meds and he'd be coming back home but that wasn't the case. I suppose our Creator in Heaven needed an avid gardener up there because he passed away Wednesday from heart failure. None of us, including him, had any idea that he might not be coming home..He rode his bike daily and was super active especially in his garden! I know he really enjoyed 'chatting' and sharing gardening tips with you all! My thanks to Minderella who helped me to get onto the site so that I could let everyone know-as you can guess, he's already been truly missed. When we would come home he was either on the computer chatting with different ones about his garden or out in it-so it's still hard walking into the house & he's not here..I will probably be signing on using his name so that I can read some of his posts-I was just reading all of his posts here along with everyone else's and the info will help the family to keep his garden going. He was also really getting into 'putting up' the different things he was growing so this will also help to preserve waht is grown. Thank YOU ALL for being such wonderful friends of his-I know he respected & enjoyed all of you. I'm not sure where all he would gon in GardenWeb but I would appreciate if you spread the word..Anyone may also email me at tirtle1@aol.com if you'd like.

Thanks again,keep your green thumbs up (and hopefully ours will turn green as well)

Take care & God bless

• tinael01
    12 years ago

OMG - so so sorry. Thank you for letting us know.

• thonotorose
    12 years ago

Blessings to you and yours on the passing of Sumala. Thank you for sharing the news.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    12 years ago

To Sumala's family,

I am so sorry for your loss. We enjoyed him here and his pictures were always so interesting! Lots to look at. I particularly remember a discussion about his carrots in the tires. I was always impressed with how neat and meticulous his garden looked. I know you will miss him tremendously.

You can see ALL of his posts in ALL forums by doing a search on his user name "Sumala" and selecting the radio button "Entire Site". I did the search and linked it below for you.

God bless you,
    Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Search Results

• nugger
    11 years ago

Hi Darcy, this is Frank the yorkshire guy just notth of you, I would appreciate an e mail when the strawberry plants are ready & can't wait to meet you , Frank

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath