SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Garden Catalogs Arriving Earlier Than Usual

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

Every year it seems the spring garden catalogs (or, at least, some of them) arrive a little earlier than the year before. I am getting one or two of them a week.

It wasn't all that long ago that they all seemed to arrive in large numbers the week after Christmas. The latest arrivals are from Nichols and Pine Tree.

I'm not complaining.....but hope I don't misplace the 2009 garden catalogs during the holiday frenzy. LOL

I haven't received the big glossy ones yet, (except the two from HPS) like Burpee and Park that make me drool. (It is hard to resist their seeds because everything in those two looks lovely and sounds amazing, but I try to keep the spending to a minimum.)

I'm not complaining either. I love the seed catalogs and could look through them endlessly if I had the time. Usually, though, I order online nowadays even if I have found the seeds I want in the pages of a catalog.

I am going to assume that the earlier arrivals of the garden catalogs signals an effort by the seed companies to drum up more business in these tough times.

Dawn

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio