SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiehobo

grape's, black spot.

okiehobo
13 years ago

Every year I've had problems with my grapes, I've finally arrived at a point to where I believe it is black spot, I've heard it is a problem here in Okla.

I don't want to use the poison sprays most place's recommend, so I'm looking for something organic.

From what I understand black spot is a fungal disease,

so the first thing I'm going to do is clean of the top layer of dirt under the vines to make sure there are no old mummified grapes in or on the ground to spread the spores and then spray the ground as well as the vines.

I've narrowed down the product I'm thinking about using to a product called actinovate wyec108 which they say is composed of a beneficial bacteria that inhibits and kills the predatory fungus. Of course there is so much hype about all of these different products it's hard to tell what is truth or fiction.

Now I don't know a lot about grapes, but I'm sure some of you out there do, so I'm wondering if any of you could recommend something organic that you have had good luck with for black spot, of course I realize I may thinking about this all wrong so I would appreciate any comments any of you may have.

James.

Comments (3)