SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mulberryknob

Anybody else get too much rain?

mulberryknob
14 years ago

I was delighted to get 1&1/2" of rain last Wed as it was starting to get dryish--not dry because we got 10" of rain in August. But then it rained again on Thurs 8/10ths and drizzled Friday morn. I didn't check the gauge then, but we probably didn't get more than a couple tenths. It was too wet to cultivate with the minitiller, so I spent the day transplanting fall stuff--broc, chinese cab, br. sprouts and some mixed greens, and planted radishes. And felt good about it. Then this morning early it started raining again and rained Very HARD.

When I went out to look at my transplants, which were still quite small some of them were pounded into the mud. The majority will recover I think but they sure didn't need another THREE inches of rain.

George, I sure hope you got a good rain, because when I saw your garden last Mon I could tell you hadn't had as much rain as I had.

And Dawn, did you get any?

I sure wish I had a large cistern to save some of this when we get too much. My father has a water tower/tank that he bought from a resort going out of business. He drilled a second well as the house well didn't provide enough for the garden and put a pump on a timer, then a timer on the gravity flow faucet. He gets less rain usually than I do for being only 15 miles east of me, but this summer he has not had to use much well water either.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting