SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigoledude

Gonna be making hot sauce and powder. Need both Aji Lemons

bigoledude
12 years ago

I have enough hot peppers to scorch the walls here. I want to add different flavors to my hot sauce. I think the hot Aji Lemon would be too hot for me to enjoy the citrusy flavor if I used it only. So, if I used some of the not-so-hot version, along with some of the hot Aji Lemon, I could get a lot more citrusy flavor. I'd still get that beautiful yellow color and maybe a little of that orange Habanero citrus in there also. My plan is to use some other fruit like papaya, banana, and maybe even melon to make my sauces. I can still make it as hot as I want by adding some Habenero, Fatalii, Ghost Pepper

The heat would be easy to regulate by adding or withholding the hotter peppers. I'm building my own dehydrator and will have tons of onions, shallots and garlic to dry into powders or mixing into my sauces along with my peppers. It'll be delicious to this old Cajun. I hope the folks I gift with them, enjoy them also.

Here's the problem. The hot Aji Yellows are easy to find. How do I find the one that is not hot? Does anyone have some to trade? I have a good assortment of stuff availabe to trade with.

Making the red sauce wil be easier since there are so many sweet and hot red peppers. Developing the best flavor is gonna be the challenge.

Comments (2)

Sponsored