SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malorn

help!!!

malorn
17 years ago

This is probably a very basic question for a lot of you but I'm very new to gardening, didn't even know what my zone was...Last year I was forced to stop work because of illness, my family and friends planted a small butterfly/hummingbird garden for me to enjoy during recovery. It has done well, will little to no maintenance. This year they decided to plant a lot of bulbs for my enjoyment. I thought the rain (7 more inches than normal) was causing problems for them as they are not doing well but after reading all the great information, I followed advice, went out after dark and found most of the common creepy crawlers discussed on this forum making a meal of them.

I have again followed the advice given here and purchased some insecticidal soap and plan to have a party of my own tonight squishing and spraying the buggers!

My question is..the bugs seem to completely ignopre my butterfly garden plants and seem to be demolishing the bulbs..I'm sure there are a few in the bfly garden but causing no damage. If I treat the bulbs..will the bugs then start in on my bfly garden..or should I just let them enjoy my bulbs and hope they don't spread over to the other plants.

Maybe a silly question to some of you..but I'm very new and feel my bfly garden actually helps in my recovery..I'm terrified to risk having it go the way of my bulbs...

Any suggestions? Thanks...

Comments (2)