SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scottokla

CRW tomato cages

14 years ago

If you are in the Tulsa area and you could use some concrete reinforcement wire to make tomato cages, M&M Lumber has them at a good price. The price a couple of weeks ago was $79 per large roll (150ft?) which is much less than the $120 at HD and Lowes.

(Does anyone else get really annoyed when Lowes puts a little price reduction tag on it saying the price has dropped from $130 to $120, when I have never seen it priced that high, and I have checked every few weeks for the last few years. I like Lowes though.)

Anyway, M&M is at 4711 S. Mingo if my memory is correct. I bought a roll there in the spring of last year and it 70-something dollars at that time also. If you don't know if you can use that much, do the math thing from high school: Circumference=pi*diameter so if you want 25 cages that are 2' across you would need 25*(3.14259)*2= 157 ft. That means a roll of 150' would make about 24 cages. A little over 3.50 per cage after tax.

Thank you to whoever it was that posted this same information last spring and saved me about $40 on the roll!

Comments (2)