SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jopparich

Pop Up Greenhouse. Don't understand.

JoppaRich
12 years ago

So, I started a bit earlier this year, and started germinating seeds in my little seed starter last week or the week before. So, I've got a bunch of little tiny plants that are just getting their first true leaves. I don't think I planted seeds till April last year, so I'm way ahead this year.

Anyways, I thought I could get my peppers outside a little earlier, so I bought a pop-up greenhouse:

http://www.amazon.com/Flower-House-FHPH140-PlantHouse-Pop-Up/dp/B0002UVS36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331057458&sr=8-1

Anyways, I set it up in the backyard and put one of those indoor/outdoor digital thermometers in there.

So, yesterday I wanted to do a test, so I reset the thermometer min/max, knowing that it was going to get cold last night.

I came out today, and it says this for MIN: Inside: 28.8, Outside : 33.5. Right now it says 75 inside, 48 Outside, so its clearly getting warm during the day.

Why did it get 5 degrees colder inside the greenhouse than it did outside? It seems to me that the plants would be worse off in the greenhouse than outside it. What am I missing here?

I guess I'm just not sure what the greenhouse/coldframe/whatever is getting me here? Is there a specific range I should be looking for before I can start putting things outside in it?

Are these little

Comments (13)

Sponsored