SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chippy_gw

In need of expert help quick, please!!, Trees are dying?

chippy
16 years ago

Hi all,

Got a major issue with my Windmills. Seems like they are giving up.

My little Takil was the 1st one. After I thought it survived this winter, it started to push up a new branch. That new branch got to a certain height, stalled and instead of the leaves fanning out, they kind of "coiled up" or "twisted" and turned brown.

The branch actually crumbled when I went to go tug on it. Like it was totally dried out. The rest of it pulled out of the center! :(

Now My bigger Fortuneis....

The bigger one has pushed out a new branch and fanned out very nicely. It didnt get as long as the others but it opened nice and wasn't real nervous.

Then a new center branch started to emerge. It got up to a certain point and seems to have stopped! The leaves on the center branch have split into 2 groups but aren't fanning out like I'm used to, almost like its giving me the peace symbol. lol The center where the branch is coming out seems to be turning yellow color.

My other Fortunei I just planted in the front is doing the SAME exact thing! Except the leaves are starting to coil or shrivel or what ever you want to call it. Its still green, but what gives here!

Is this a disease? Could it be from the cold?

Any help or suggestions will be really appreciated....

Not looking good in LI, NY,

-Rob

Comments (9)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm