SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flipback23

Fan run times and other noob questions freaking out.

flipback23
10 years ago

Pictures now added...Sorry but long winded.After reading through posting after posting and seeing peoples troubles as they started on their pepper ventures, and being a noob at it myself. I decided to go out and thoroughly inspect all my seedlings last night for any issues. And Im glad I did. the first thing I noticed again was that the darn aphids returned. So after fighting them thing that worried me the most was that I noticed my soil was still very wet and I haven't watered since Saturday, and there was a lot of moisture on the greenhouse walls. I also noticed some of my plants had some brown/black dots on the under sides of the leaves(some kind of fungus dont know). Also some of the new growth on my Butch T's are coming out yellow instead of green like the older leaves. I have since added a fan,sprayed with pyrethin for aphids,drained pans under seedlings. I will post some pics after work tonight of leaf spots and discoloring.

Questions
1) Do you think I am on the verge of losing my plants that have the leaf spots.(Probably better answered after I post pic.)
2) How long do you run your fans. I have it on since 5pm yesterday and this morning the walls are now dry.But the soils still looks pretty moist.
3) Should I not water or try to feed them until soil fully dries out now.(Im thinking yes)
4) Could the yellow new growth and leaf spot be related or two separate issues. (Again probably better answered after I post pics later.)

Just as back story
1 Growing in a mix of compost,vermiculite,peat,kellogs garden soil,and addition of azomite.
2 They are now in 4inch pots transferred 2 weeks ago.
3 Under grow lights for 16hrs
4 Have not been fertilized yet.
5 They were top watered when first transferred.
6 Bottom watered since.(I think to much water left in pans after reading other post)

Sorry for the long post but I hope to stop or save anything I can. So far nothing is dead. Will post pics later tonight.

This post was edited by flipback23 on Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 22:26

Comments (8)

Sponsored