SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darqcyde

Question about a possible pest and another issue

darqcyde
15 years ago

I'm going to give as much information as possible here because I don't know what could be relevant and what is not, so please bear with me.

A few months ago my son completed a promotional offer he got with his Wall-E DVD and got a Colorado Blue Spruce sapling in the mail. I'm 99% sure it was a cloned plug (I've done landscaping for several years and have been around nurseries my whole life). We potted it in a 1/2 gallon container with Miracle Gro's Organic Choice Potting Mix and have been watering it regularly with bottle distilled water since our community water is heavily treated. It's kept on a sunny window ledge and has been growing great with A LOT of new growth coming in.

Now the possible issues. First the tips of the older needles seem like they are starting to brown out yet the new growths seems unaffected. Is this an issue? Also I think I may have saw a mite of some sort, though it might have been a small spider. I only saw it very quickly after watering today then it went back into the soil. It was the size of a period on a keyboard and white. Is this a pest? Now maybe I'm paranoid but my 6 year old LOVES this plant so I want to do everything I can to help it grow.

Comments (10)