SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wxman81

My tropical update!

15 years ago

Today is a really nice day, sunshine and mid 50s, so I finished some new beds in the front yard! I really can't wait for spring and summer to get going in full force!

New front yard bed #1. Planted from right to left: musa orinoco, parajubaea torallyi, and a washingtonia robusta seedling (can't see the washy, it's tiny. Germinated it myself).

New front yard bed #2. Planted from left to right: musa orinoco, (empty space for my majesty palm), washingtonia robusta seedling (again can't see the washy; it's tiny!)

Cycas revoluta. Planted June, 2008:

Washingtonia robusta and trachycarpus fortunei by the house. Planted July, 2008:

Entire front of yard emerging into a tropical paradise:

Butia capitata and washingtonia robusta. (Also two musa basjoo's in middle that I hope come back this year) Planted July, 2008:

Beds along perimeter of backyard that contain musa basjoo (hope these come back this year too):

Bed by back of house. Two trachycarpus fortunei, planted August, 2008. No winter heat was used, just mulch. One is fried, but spear is firm. Other looks pretty decent!

For not getting into tropicals until last year, I think I have a pretty good collection. Before I know it my yard is going to be a jungle!! Do you guys have any suggestions for additional plants that I can put in my beds? The more, the merrier!

Comments (4)