SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimhardy_gw

A few thought s about this pattern(shift???)

jimhardy
11 years ago

I prefer the term climate change and in the spirit of John Lennon,I would take it another step
and say,"instant climate change"(is going to get you)....I have kept an open mind about global warming
and such but what I see happening is what we may call "the usual extremes" running almost on top of each other.
We may see the coldest March in history here this year and this directly following one of-if not thee-warmest
in history...last year we were around +15F over average(44/65F)and this year 21/36F,about -15F below avg(highs)
to see this happen (going from the warmest to coldest the very next year)is very odd to me.
Another figure to give some perspective-we saw a handful of LOW temps of upper 50s to 60F last
March-those were the lows! We have not hit 60F once this March and there is nothing in the forecast
to make me believe we will this March.
When you just average the numbers it adds up correctly because for the 2 years you come up pretty much
dead on average-but my feeling/worry is that mother nature is trying to correct an imbalance in the proportion
of warming in the mid latitudes by dumping huge amounts of cold air down...but there is also a lot of warmth going north
they call these patterns "blocking"but they are becoming somewhat random and frequent IMO like the planet
is having to go to extremes to balance temps....so it stops the "normal"progression and opens a valve to clear the excess...
Not an alarmist here but definitely not one to bury my head in the sand....unless its warm
The one blessing in this is that we did not have an unusually warm February where everything bloomed/leafed
out and was hammered this month but this pattern does look like a shift(back to cold) from the past 2 years or so of drought and
above normal temps(here at least)-it will be interesting to see what kind of summer we have here-will it be another cool one?????

Comments (10)