SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zaino_gw

Troubles with my Majesty palm! Do I have a chance?

Zaino
10 years ago

Hello! I have bought a Majesty palm for my living room from IKEA. It was all green and beautiful, but it got all changed in about a week! I must admit that I didn't know anything about this palm and I just thought that I'll bring it home, put it in the living room where it can get enough light, and watering it from time to time and that's it! It will stay nice and green!
I have done two mistakes. First of all, I live in a very cold city "Milwaukee" and I once left the balcony door open for about 8 min, so I think the cold air must have affected the palm! The second mistake is I have over-watered it and I never mist the fronds!
The problems that I 'm having currently are: 1- The fronds are very dry and after I read about this palm, I'm trying to mist the fronds daily by spraying them. I also tried to create a humid environment for the palm by putting it in a very small room and turning the humidifier. Would that help? I think I see some improvement, but once I take it out it get dry again!
2- The fronds color looks weird to me! I thinks it's losing its green color and turning white! It's not a white spots or dots. It's more like lines! What cause of that?
I have attached some pictures for the palm to see.
3- I see some flying white bugs at the bottom in the soil, but not too much. would that be a huge problem?
Based on the pictures do you think that I have a chance here to save the palm, or I should not bother myself?

Comments (7)