SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceresone

I'm going to try:

ceresone
15 years ago

Yes, wm. I really am, I'm going to try to cut down on so much daily work next summer!

I'm going to put 2 raised beds in potatoes, 2 beds in onions, and at least 1 bed in sweet potatoes. Plus I'm going back to pole beans, both Fortex, and limas.

I have to build 3 big beds early, so I can transplant all my strawberries, thats temp. taking up 2 and a half beds, but that was planned this year too. new beds will be 30x4, least 2 blocks high.that will allow the strawberries, plus asparagus and rhubarb.

Taking care of the fruit trees and lawn are once a week chores.anything else I plant will be something that can be harvested every few days--no more DAILY!!

And yes, sweetwm, that only allows for 12 tomato plants! The winners this year are Opalaka,Ananas Noire, Big Rainbow,Pink Grapefruit,-and to that next year I'm adding a Hybred, one of the red whoppers probably.

This year, I can actually feel my body insisting I slow down, so I'm listening--and getting lazy already!

My giant compost pile will be spread early too--along with all the bales of straw building it.

Now--who's going to hold me to my words????

Comments (17)