SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceresone

What have you done this summer?

ceresone
17 years ago

Well, I've taken the summer off my computer. I've canned hundreds of jars of produce from my garden!!

Tomatoes did great, next year I'm going to plant mostly paste type, with a few Mr. Stripey for eating, and musnt forget a few Isis Candy for salads. planted day-neutral onions this year, 3 colors, they're harvested and hanging in shed, ditto on garlic. dont think i'll plant potatoes next year. my sweet potatoes are ready to be dug, spagetti sauce, salsa, pizza sauce, v-8 style juice, and chopped tomatoes canned, as are the peppers. some are frozen to stuff. made 50# sauerkraut. first time ever for chinese cabbage, definetly for next year. planted pole beans, and pole limas first time. never again--produce a long time, but not enough at once, limas not hardly at all. indian corn did well, as did the sunflowers and okra. what carrots i planted did well, more next year. bush green beans just blooming--and did i hear maybe frost this week? Gads, can summer be over? i'll cover the beans, just in case may have to pick a lot of green tomatoes.--oh and the pears are canned, given away, and still hanging on the tree.

so

- two bushel of peaches canned , three and a half bushel of sweet corn in the freezer, along with broccoli and cauliflower- and its 3 AM, maybe lots more i cant remember, lol -what have you done--and where is everybody???

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths