SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelsmama

thinking of transplanting to ozark mountain area

angelsmama
20 years ago

My best friend and her son are thinking of moving into the Ozark Mountains just by the Mo line. She is trying to talk me into going to.

Me, I am a diehard Texan (I think) She is talking of four seasons (makes me interested) I talked of having to winterize roses, she talked of cooler summers, I talk of freezing our a#@es off in the winter (and winterizing my roses)

She talks of the beautiful mountain scenery and wildlife, I talk of the dang deer eating my roses.

She talks of the beautiful landscape, streams, yada, yada, I talked of trying to dig in the rocks and limestone, after spending two seasons just trying to dig in my red clay.

Can someone give us a realistic picture of what this place is actually like? I am sure it is somewhere in between. She thinks the summers are not going to be as hot as Texas, I tell her they are going to be hot anyway. She has never experienced a real winter, heck we are in Texas.

I don't want to discourage her, if this is really a great place to live. I just want her to have a realistic view.

What is the weather really like year round in the mountains?

So people who live there, will you give us a realistic view. As well as talks of wells (of which we have no experience), digging in limestone and rocks (which makes my red clay seem like soft sand)but good side, you have instant border makers. :) Help her out here and possibly talk me into it, in the bargain.

Kelly

Comments (28)