SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merryheart_gw

Crawling-chewing-flying-biting things everywhere!

merryheart
17 years ago

It is time for a nice long break. I have been in the yard for hours. Finally think I have the roses in control...I hope so! Why on earth would I plant MORE? This is a full time job as it is! haha

I have seen butterflies, quite a few. One brown one was on a clump of my May Night Salvia. I have no idea what it was. I found worms, also a possible catapillar under same salvia. And guess what? MOSQUITOS. I had to run to the patio and rub mosquito plant leaves on me several times.

The insects, catapillars or worms...whatever...have been having a wonderful feast in my yard. I found where they had dined on my cannas, my wild daisies, my hibicus, Purple coneflower, dianthus, not sure if that is all or not.

I hope they are happy and healthy as I am not real happy but I guess I will get over it. I just cut some leaves off the cannas...they can take it :)

At least the worst of the attacks on my roses seems to be over...for now at least and I made it without getting out the insecticides too. Someone quick! Pat me on the back!

When I went out this morning it was so nice....birds singing everywhere and the neighborhood owl was who-who-who-ing. Only disturbance in the peace and natural sounds for a while was the neighbor's swimming pool pump.

Now perhaps after a nice little break I will be able to get out and do something more. Goodness knows there is certainly PLENTY to do. Any of you get all caught up and need some extra gardening come on over!!!

Better get back to it...or go get a cold soft drink and sit on the patio for a while more....hummm....yes that sounds like a winner....I think I shall go with the latter choice! lol.

Oh and by the way I checked my rain gauge and it was 7/10's of an inch of rain from yesterday's showers.

Later....G.M.

Comments (2)