SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Journal - 2nd half of June

christie_sw_mo
14 years ago

Wow June is almost half over!

How is everyones' gardens doing? This forum has been a little quieter than usual. Hope everyone is alright. We were out of town for a couple days.

I finally planted my melon seeds, although I intended to plant them around the first of June. I soaked the seeds overnight and planed them yesterday and this morning. My Sakata's Sweet seeds were already starting to sprout. They're a small Asian melon and you're supposed to able to eat the peel like an apple. I can't remember reading if the peel actually TASTES good though. lol

Also planted Orangeglo and Blacktail Watermelons, Charentais, and Piel De Sapo. The last one takes a long time to mature and I should have planted it a month ago. Hope they get to finish but only planted a few seeds just in case.

I found several watermelon volunteers and not sure what to do with those. I need to find some more room. At least one of them is Moon & Stars.

My Kohlrabi are starting to bulb out a little bit.

We got a much appreciated heavy rain last night.

Pam - There were a lot of tornado warnings toward mid Missouri this week. Did you have any storm damage?

Comments (28)