SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enigma7_gw

cure for unknown mold/fungus on grass?

enigma7
14 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I planted KGB back in September and wanted to use some of the seed in a planter indoors to feed to my cats as a dietary supplement since they are house cats. Everything was growing great and I was about to let the cats graze on it when I started to see a white powder forming on the leaves. It looked like confectioners sugar and when I blew across the blades it came off like baby powder/flour in a fine plume of smoke.

I took the grass outside and blew it off and thought it was due to overwatering and so I decided to let the surface dry out and only water below surface level (prior to this I was using a watering can which would wet the blades).

The problem is still there and seems to be worse with the health of the blades looking horrible.

I don't want to use any chemicals as this is for my cats, but I do not know what to do and am about to just trash the grass.

Another reason I'm interested in a remedy is in case this happens to the lawn as we've had a tremendous amount of rainfall this fall.

Thank you for your help

Comments (3)

Sponsored