SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oakleif

Gardening Week of May 7

oakleif
17 years ago

Sunday some good helpers and i raked all the leaves out of my dog pen under big oaks,sour gum ,dogwood and a couple other native trees. We found and killed a copperhead,the reason i wanted all those leaves gone.

I hoed a flowerbed and found some poison ivy in it. I'll pour some clorax on it tomorrow and cover the area up with black plastic for the summer. Found a small red daylilly blooming that i forgot i'd planted.

Found some buds on my peonies. I need to take some sedum and iris out of that bed before they take over the peonies.

The purple coneflowers and liatris are coming up a pretty green. I found a red yarrow i thought i'd lost last year just a few shoots but i'm not complaining.

I have enough tree seedlings coming up in my yard to reforest half of Johnson Co.

I've got all my houseplants outside now and bought a boston fern. I tied up some of my climbing roses to the frame DH had made for me.

seems like they've grown long in the last 2 wks.

I bought 10 solar lights to put among one of my flower beds that has an angel in it but i can't make up my mind just how i want to arrange them.

Everyone have a great week.

vickie

"Just try to be angry with someone who fed you something delicious."_Unknown

Comments (15)