SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runktrun

Oh Tannenbaum Oh No

runktrun
17 years ago

For twenty six years I have organized and orchestrated every imaginable holiday activity for my little family of five, from chopping down an xmas tree during a rare blizzard in a near by woodland to the bright lights of the city and the perennial awesome pleasure of the Nutcracker. Now like most folks I treasure the memories of our holiday traditions and unique experiences that allow us to call one another "family". BUT currently I find my self standing in the cross roads of midÂlife and although I want nothing more than to give the holidays and all that they represent the quiet graceful nod that most folks my age seem to muster I find simply I can not. With that in mind I will share with you this yearÂs holiday goal CREATE A TREE THAT CAN BE DECORATED SIMPLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WILL NOT NEED TO BE UN-DECORATED. Now I have been whining to patient friends about this issue for weeks and they have made some great suggestions  decorate with lichens, lady apples, crab apples, pine-cones, cranberries, popcorn, shells, ect, (baking cookies I vetoed based on my general dis-interest in any kitchen based activity). This of course works for the birds and myself but it leaves dh  Joe  aka - trun blowing in the wind when it comes to the dreaded issue of xmas lights. In his attempt to pamper me with special food and wine for my b-day we have been traveling for the last few days so when the conversation hit a lul we designed the following and hope that you will be brutally frank with your responses. Do we cash in our retirement fund, mortgage the house, or more dramatically sell off some treasured plants?

The *De-Lighter* is a heavy iron base similar to a market umbrella stand but accented in the pressed iron with poinsettia leaves with large bulb lights in the center of each poinsettia eliminating the need for a tree skirt. The top of this umbrella stand has a circular ring with ball bearings, a separate iron cup with a ball bearing ring and screws to twist into the trunk would sit into the iron stand allowing for the tree to stand straight but most importantly pull the lowest stand of lights like the string on a wooden top and *De-Light* your tree in seconds!!! I would have included the design plans but it is still patent pending.

This will be an "As seen on TV" product (most likely sold in box stores) called "The De-Lighter" with advertising catch phrase like a "New *Twist* on Christmas *Yule* Love". Our hope and deepest desire is that we can contact the agency that handles the king of info-mercials Billy Mayes (sp?) to promote this essential product. Now how many can I put you down for? Tell me about or better yet post a photo of your tree. kt

Comments (21)