SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adobe1234_gw

organic program for centipede lawn

12 years ago

I live in coastal S Carolina (zone 8a) and have a centipede lawn. I'd like to switch to an organic lawn maintenance program. Admittedly, I have been using Weed B Gone for Southern Lawns to get rid of dollar weed. But now that I've gained control of that problem, I'd rather not use chemicals anymore. BTW I've tried applying black strap molasses and sugar every 2 weeks for about 2 months, and don't know if it's a coincidence, but there seems to be a lot of improvement. I'd like to do it right, with a regular schedule of corn gluten meal pre-emergent and organic fertilizers. I've looked at the Bradfield products, Scott's Organic choice, Chickity doo doo, etc. (I also have a pet rabbit and have considered making my own fertilizer!) I don't really have a nearby place for buying meals/feed in bulk--so products available retail would be more feasible for me. Can anyone recommend a yearly program, including products and a month-by-month timetable of appropriate applications? Thanks for your help!

Comment (1)

Sponsored