SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claga_gw

How to Switch Over to Organic Lawn Care Program

claga
9 years ago

Hi,
I live in central Massachusetts and thinking about switching over to DYI organic lawn care program and
I do not know how to start.
I was hoping you could provide me with a list of instructions and material needed.
Will an organic program have crabgrass and weed controls?
Can I switch directly over to a program or do I have to slowly migrate over from the lawn program listed below?
The company has one of the most highly recommended programs in the area.

VISIT 1 STEP 1: SPRING (April ��" May) *DOUBLE FEEDING* Controlled time release Granular fertilizer w/ stress protectant, pre-emergent crabgrass control, hot spot post-emergent crabgrass control, blow driveway & walks, disease & insect inspection, and technician recommendations, if needed.

VISIT 2 STEP 2: LATE SPRING (May ��" July) Custom blended golf course grade Granular fertilizer w/ stress protectant, pre-emergent crabgrass control, surface feeding insect control, micronutrient deep green enhancer, root enhancer, broadleaf weed control, post-emergent crabgrass control, blow driveway & walks, disease & insect inspection, and technician recommendations, if needed.

STEP 3: SEASON LONG GRUB PROOFING (May ��" Aug)

VISIT 3 STEP 4: EARLY SUMMER (June ��" July) Organic based slow release granular fertilizer, high potassium summer guard fertilizer, broadleaf weed control with rain protectant, post-emergent crabgrass control, blowing of driveway & walks, disease & insect inspection, and technician recommendations, if needed.

VISIT 4 STEP 5: SUMMER (July ��" Aug) *DOUBLE FEEDING* temperature controlled time release Granular fertilizer w/ stress protectant, , broadleaf weed control with rain protectant, post-emergent crabgrass control, blowing of driveway & walks, disease & insect inspection, and technician recommendations, if needed.

VISIT 5 STEP 6: LATE FALL (Sept ��" Oct) MAINTENANCE LIMING (25lbs per 1000 Sq. Ft.)

STEP 7: (Sept ��" Oct) Fall all granular fertilizer, blowing of driveway & walks, disease & insect inspection, and technician recommendations, if needed.

Thanks

Comments (25)