SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Tornado On Ground In Montague County Near Red River

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

A trained storm spotter has reported a tornado on the ground near St. Jo in Montague County, Texas. Montague is directly across the Red River from Jefferson County and the western edge of Love County. The storm carrying the tornado also may contain 70 mph winds and large hail. The storm is moving due east.

A tornado warning has been issued for Montague County and a severe thunderstorm watch for Cooke County. Since my part of Love County sticks down into Cooke County, I am watching this one closely. At this time, it appears the tornado/severe thunderstorm could be a threat to Gainesville, Texas, and the Thackerville, OK area and points east. It seems like it is following the same path the March tornado took towards Whitesboro and Sherman, Texas.

Love County storm spotters are out spotting and I'll post an update if they don't send us to the cellar. : )

Not a time to panic, but a time to be watchful. Although the trained storm spotter's report is credible, there has not been an indication of a tornado on the local Doppler radar.

You Okies in Love, Marshall, and Bryan counties should stay tuned to your local radio or TV weather broadcasts or your National Weather Service radios. I have the fire radio on too so I can listen to storm spotter reports.

If I was in Thackerville, I'd be more nervous, but we are a few miles north of there.

It is now hailing on the west side of Falconhead in southwestern Love County.

Guess I'd better go change out of my fluffy clogs into some "going to the shelter, gonna get wet" shoes....just in case.

There are years we NEVER go into the cellar. This is not one of them.

The storm is expected to hit Linsday, TX at 8:03 p.m., Gainesville, TX, at 8:13 and Oak Ridge, TX, at 8:24 p.m. It should not be an actual threat to much of Love County if it stays on the Texas side of the river, which it seems to be doing so far.

I do think we'll get rain out of this one so that's a plus.

Dawn

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio