SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terryboc

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...I mean Thanksgiving

terryboc
18 years ago

The snow has been coming down down quite hard all morning here in chilly NH. As I sit here cooking potatoes to lug to grandma's house, watching the Macy's day parade and reading Gardenweb, I thought I'd think about what I'm thankful for in my gardening life this year.

I'm thankful for...

...snow and ice being the only natural disaster that I have to worry about. No flooding, hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes here.

...my lovely Bow Bells DA rose that bloomed all year, giving me such spun sugar loveliness day after day.

...my little greenhouse sheltering all my citrus, brugs, figs and miscellaneous goodies.

...my Asian pears producing their first large crop of sweet crispy fruit for me to share with friends. Next year I should have enough to take some the the local soup kitchen.

...the beautiful red cardinal boy sitting on the bird feeder right outside my kitchen window to cheer me as I cook.

...being healthy enough to work in the garden and play when not working (which is sometimes the same thing)

...having only 2 plants in the pot ghetto by the time it snowed today.

...my DH for lugging me to CT fo Logee's and White Flower Farm this summer.

...finally that my garden is getting complete enough that I don't have to spend every spare moment working on it, giving me more time for my family.

Comment (1)