SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

pix within the ten foot rule

in another post ... we discussed the ten foot rule.. and the FAQ's in that regard .... i noted i didn't like either definition .... though i appreciate the effort ....

to stimulate the forum .. and to define 'the ten foot rule' ... lets post some pix of hosta you consider worthy of fitting into the category .... here is my proposed definition of the ten foot rule ... if you care to debate this .. feel free:

THE RULE: a hosta that any basic collector can name from ten feet away .. no matter whose garden .... no matter what region of the country or what ever country ..... e.g sum and substance.... its a giant... that grows like a weed, with a unique color ... and frankly ... anyone who owns it can ID it anywhere in the world ... no need to ask the owner.. no need to vein count.. no concern over flower color ... period... YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS from at least ten feet away ... IN THEORY .... there can NOT be a 'look alike' for a ten foot hosta .... that would be contrary to the whole point .....

IN THEORY .... if you only had enough garden for a few plants.. they should all be ten footers.. why waste space on the ordinary .. when you can have the extraordinary?????

anyone have a good picture of gold standard .. ???

ken

PS: if you dont have the pix.. but have a name.. maybe others can post the pix.. if you supply the name .....

Guardian Angel .. might fit a twenty foot rule .... lol...

{{gwi:923471}}

Comments (58)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor