SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Bringing Plants Into the Sun Porch

User
15 years ago

This is a beginning of the winter room for the plants we will leave indoors. We call it the sun porch. It is on the south end of the house and has sliders on 3 walls, sharing only one wall with the master bedroom. I've recently repainted it, picking out all the wood molding in white, and painting the rest of it in a color Behr named "Lilting Laughter" which will tell you nothing, but it is a dreamy warm color. I hung floor to ceiling sheers on heavy duty stainless picture hanging wire rated to hold up 100 lb pictures. Overkill, but it is sturdy in case someone tries to hang from it. Then I ran an 18' rope light at the top of the curtains to highlight the ceiling. I also spray painted the two ceiling fans white to make them disappear against the ceiling, instead of replacing them. I moved the wrought iron bistro table inside instead of storing it. Then I found an old TV cabinet for the far end, where I can keep more pots as I bring them inside. My husband will have an upholstered swivel rocker & ottoman on the street end of the 18' room, so he can swivel around and watch the bedroom TV from his chair. I also have a couple of pot hangers to get the greenery elevated and off the cold tile floors. Overall, it is a very pleasurable room.

When I get my camera back (loaned out), I will take more shots of the Irish geraniums and the ferns and croton which I brought in a couple of days ago.

I enjoy my plants so much, and my favorites will go with me when we go south later this year, but others I am leaving. One of our friends and her husband will stay in our house this winter while she undergoes cancer treatment at a nearby hospital, and she will I hope enjoy this room.

With this photo, I did a little Virtual Painter editing.

Comments (5)