SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xgreen23

Some much needed advice..

xgreen23
11 years ago

Hello All!

I recently bought a house in CT that needs lots of gardening help- some areas were beautifully done and some beds were completely overgrown when I moved in. Since everything is a bit overwhelming for a woman that has zero gardening experience, I've decided to focus first on just one bed. I'm looking for any advice I can get on how to best bring life to this area...Basically, it's a spot between the driveway and the mudroom entrance that will be seen quite often from many angles. It gets ( about 80% of this area) full sun and the soil is fairly rocky.

A few weekends back, I spent quite a while pulling out weeds and what was left was a combination of mostly ferns and hostas ( which really should be transplanted because they are not doing well here in the sun) and probrably some other combination of weeds/ plants that I'm unsure of. I did plant some flowers that were given to me as a housewarming gift( which, again, I have no idea what they were) which seemed to take decently well. I also, just yesterday, bought two drawf butterfly bushes and a knock out rose that I'm waiting to plant...

I'm looking for advice as to what would work well together in this spot and how to best arrange things

Thanks!!

Comments (8)