SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homernoy

A couple of late season pictures

homernoy
18 years ago

I love the nice evergreen plants we can grow most years. Here are a couple of late season pics of plants that will look just the same in February as they do in July. The first picture is of the same Butia palm I have posted pictures of in the past, just this time my 5 year old took a picture with me in it. I am 6'2", so this gives a better perspective of the size ( or lack thereof ) of the plant. The seconed picture is of a Eucalyptus tree I have also posted pictures of many times on this forum. This time I am just trying to show the girth and color of the trunk. Nice contrasting color all winter long. In fact in mid to late winter the bark turns salmon, then to pink, and then finally by June a crimson color, just before it peels off to a brilliant white. The tree just to the right of the large Eucalyptus was planted in 1997 as a 4" seedling grown from seed, just as the large one was. Kind of crazy how two different Eucalyptus spp. grown from seed, and planted at the same time, in virtually the same place can vary in so many ways.

{{gwi:1091012}}
{{gwi:1091014}}
{{gwi:1091015}}
{{gwi:1091017}}

Comment (1)