SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paigect

patio project almost finished

paigect
17 years ago

Since I started out here asking for advice re: my front patio, I thought I would update with photos. Here is a before:

and here it is now:

{{gwi:32756}}

I dug down about 8 inches and filled it with stone dust. All of the stone and the brick edging was in my back yard, which pretty much belongs to the dog, so I moved it up front. I want to do another layer or two of brick along the edge of the bed, and maybe make it two bricks deep as well so I'm not left with the irregular gap there. But I'll wait until I can find some salvage bricks for that.

I know the potted lavendar surrounding the knockout rose bush makes it appear crowded in the picture, but IRL it just makes it lusher and, of course, nicer smelling. I was going for plants that were soft and welcoming since they are so close to the seating area.

I used my copper fire pit as the base for the table with a salvaged black marble tabletop that my neighbor found in front of someone's house. Perfect fit - - I lucked out! I will eventually replace the chairs, probably with something in black wrought iron.

If you look hard you can see my new tree - - Styrax japonicus - - in the left corner near my neighbor's drive. It's a bit hard to see because it's directly behind the corner fence post. There is a Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight' to the right of that. That thing flowers like crazy. I love it.

I planted three peonies in front of the fence facing the street (opposite the window) and will be removing the remaining pachysandra to the left of the peonies and planting something else TBD next year. Any suggestions welcome.

Comments (16)