SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

Horn's in OKC Has Tomato Plants

12 years ago

I picked up a Juliet because a friend of mine swears by them. I have to see what she's talking about and I do trust her judgment. I know other folks here have tried them and don't like them, for whatever reason I don't recall. But I will give almost anything at least one "whirl".

So far, they pretty much have the stand by hybrids, and very few heirloom types. They did have Black Cherry and a Sungold variety I don't remember which. Also Cherokee Purple and Black Krim. Nothing I really wanted since I'm already growing seeds.

They also had some good-size broccoli, unlabelled and they couldn't tell me what kind other than a "standard" type. I suggested he try to get Packman next year.

Also had a ton of Cabbage plants.

Also had a couple of summer squashes and lots of Peppers, both hot and sweet. They also carry a ton of herbs.

I like to get their 50 lb bags of CM because it is only $5 - Back to Nature is the brand, a very good brand. I use it on everything in the garden.

Was going to p/u some Garden Tone, but they didn't have it in yet, but are expecting it this week. They also carry the small bags and the 20 or 25 lb bags of Tomato Tone, too, but have to wait til later to pick it up.

They also have bags of Pine Bark Mulch which is pretty fine. I think it is 2 cf for $6.99. It may be cheaper elsewhere.

Just an FYI.

Susan

Comments (16)