SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thisismelissa

Horrible Nightmare

thisismelissa
13 years ago

OMG, this is twice I've had this similarly-themed nightmare.

Here it is:

My neighbor is doing some major landscaping/hardscaping (this time, it was the neighbor to the north, last time, the south). She was very kind and offered to have her guys do some work in our yard so there would be some continuity. That's nice, cuz I had always wanted some big boulders and a slight slope in the garden.

I come out after a few hours and I'm loving the look of my new beds. The designer is on site, as is the heavy equipment guys, but the actual landscaping crew is gone....foreman included.

Then I realize:

Where in the HE#* are my hostas?

There are none in pots, none sitting in the shade, none in the garage. WHERE ARE ALL MY HOSTAS? I ask the designer and I kinda get a look like 'what hostas?' I'm thinking, 'are ya f-ing kidding me? there were 400+ of them!" She says 'I don't know anything about any hostas, so I'll call the landscaper'. I said you better get him back here or he's going to be writing me a VERY large check and that won't even begin to replace some of the mature size ones I had.

He comes back, said something to the effect of, 'well, they were dormant, so I just tilled them in' [my thought: are ya f-ing kidding me?] he continues, 'besides, they were bolting'. This time, I said to him, 'are you f-ing kidding me? They're HOSTAS! They don't BOLT!' (incidentally, in my dream (and in real life) I do say eff-ing, not the f-bomb).

I told him I had an inventory list AND recent photos to prove the number and size of plants I had and a conservative estimate of the check he would have to write me to replace them is around $7500. Of course, he says something like, 'I wasn't required on this job to preserve any existing plants, so I didn't.' I remember briefly thinking, 'well, it'll be fun to start from scratch', but I was so traumatized by it that I think I forced myself to wake up.... either that, or my bladder forced me to wake up.

So, what does all this mean? Do my neighbors hate my hostas? Do I have a secret desire to start over so I can do more hard structure?

Seriously, this dream is rather traumatizing! Calgon, take me away!

Comments (9)