SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idabean2

Where is everyone? If you aren't gardening what are you doing?

Marie Tulin
14 years ago

My goodness, this forum is quiet! Is it because no one is able to garden? That we're so dispirited we can't even talk about or think about our gardens?

Here's what I'm doing: fiddling around with a fountain that came without an ILLUSTRATED guide. Forget about written instructions, I need a picture.

Looking at the hillside that is 100% celandine and garlic mustard. I am unable to muster up the energy to go sit in the weeds and pull, pull pull another 1,000 plants. There's poison ivy too.

Unwilling to go work in the mud anymore because I don't want to do anymore wash. I can't even dry the clothes outdoors.

Thinking about some divisions that need to be watered with rooting hormone. Who needs to run water from a tap in this weather? I'll go find some containers with rainwater and mosquito larvae.

Looking at the seven empty quart boxes that held strawberries. In my very modest effort to eat locally, I've bypassed dollar a box berries from California. At 6.50 a box, you do the math. That's a lot of money for strawberries! (worth it though. who needs meat when you'v got strawberries?)

Watching my bees multiply. If one hive started with a package of a few thousand, there's twice that now.

Remembering the mockingbird who has sung me to sleep for several evenings. Male mockingbirds, I learned, will sing all night for a mate if they haven't found one by now. I noticed the chickadee's "hi sweetie" in its song yesterday, as well as the redwinged blackbirds' squeaky door cackle.

Well, I'm a little cheered up, and a little chilly as well.

Please, share with us all some things you've been doing or thinking while gardening or not gardening in the rain.

Hey, you lurkers- come out of hiding and introduce yourselves!

idabean/marie

Comments (21)