SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyanne_2010

Growing Plumeria in the Northwest

nancyanne_2010
13 years ago

I grow mostly edibles - especially tropicals. At the seattle garden show in february, I purchased two un-rooted plumeria cuttings and placed them in gallon containers to root. Both are now well rooted with many leaves and one is about to flower. I just transplanted them into two gallon containers.

My question is - when can I start leaving them outside all night? They are now going out during the day and I leave them for a few hours at night to get them used to the cooler temps. With this really cold spring I'm not sure about leaving many of my tropicals out all night (some likely won't be unless we get a heat wave like last year) but if I can leave them out with no harm, I'm sure they would be much happier. Not having grown plumeria before, I would like some input before I start leaving them out. It's no problem bringing them inside and I will if it will make them happier being warmer at night. Inside I have some lights to place plants under but with this bad spring, space is at a premium (especially as I'm transplanting up to larger containers)

Thanks,

Nancy

Comments (5)