SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roflol

I came, I saw, I coveted your PNW wildflowers... :-)

roflol
16 years ago

Born in New Jersey, transplanted to Missouri at age 6 and living here since 1968, I visited Grant's Pass, OR, in 1987 and vowed to move there some day. The opportunity is still not at hand but just got back from my third trip there and now I am paying more attention to the flora and I've just gotta tell you, even your wildflowers and weeds are prettier than mine. :-)

Even if they had been setting seed (they weren't), not sure I could have gotten DH to stop for seed-saving (the man was on a *schedule*) but I sure loved the fuscia blooms and tiny multibranched yellow things I saw all along 101 and 1.

My only acquisition this whole 5,000-mile trip was a mystery seed head from near Mt. Rushmore. I had seen what looked like enormous dandelion puff heads all along the highways in WY/MT/SD, and behind our last hotel there were a few at the edge of a field; they were on carnation-looking stems, narrow leaves, never saw a flower for sure though so I'll just have to grow one to find out what it is I guess.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you PNW'ers how much I enjoyed driving in your part of the world. Strengthened my resolve to move there eventually, should I live long enough! :-)

Comments (11)