SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
owiebrain

Describe your 'perfect' garden apron

owiebrain
13 years ago

I don't care for lugging buckets and tubs around the garden constantly. Of course, I do for larger harvest, such as tomatoes. But for harvesting peppers and other smaller/lighter items? And what about carrying out seeds and trowels and "pokers" when planting and weeding?

It struck me last night that I should just design and sew the perfect gardening apron. Sturdy enough to carry a fairly heavy load (lots of cherry tomatoes or a handful of beefsteaks?) yet light & easy enough that I'll wear it each time I'm out, just in case. I hate going out for a "quick check" of the garden, just to find myself juggling a big harvest of peppers that I saw while there and nothing to carry it in. It would also be handy to throw in several seed packets and a poker stick & trowel, maybe some labels and pens for planting time. No more bags blowing away, buckets tipping over, and it would be all hands free.

So whatcha think? I'm going to work on it over the next few weeks then sew one up. If it's a nice enough design, I'll make an extra to send along as a door prize at the plant swap.

Diane

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville