SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Does your interior style reflect your garden style?

lavender_lass
14 years ago

I've been spending a lot of time this winter planning out garden spaces. Not all of them are going to get done this year (or next) but I wanted to get an idea where I would put the vegetable beds, fruit, herbs and flowers...which of course, includes lots of old-fashioned roses and lavender. While I was planning, I realized that my garden style is very similar to my decorating style in the house. I just wondered if that was true for you, too?

My inside style (being on a farm) is pretty casual, but I do like antiques and family "heirlooms"...at least they're special to me. It's kind of an eclectic look, but I hope it's cozy and casual with just a little bit traditional. I also have some tea cups and dishes displayed here and there, which I think gives the place a bit of a cottage feel.

My colors are mostly shades of tan and brown with lots of wood and dark green, with purple and some pink and a little blue. I like some painted furniture, but it's mostly older pieces that have been a little scratched up over the years. I have lots of books on bookcases and lots of pictures of mostly outdoor scenes, but there are baby photos of my horses on one wall...I guess they're where most people put their kids' pictures LOL.

Even though I don't have kids, I have a lot of kids that visit, so I have toys. Mostly books, games, puzzles and coloring books on some of the low bookcases. I also have some Fisher Price "fairy theme" toys...the fairy treehouse and a castle, which probably gave me the idea for the fairy garden :)

What about you?

Comments (13)

Sponsored