SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runktrun

Wisteria Lane

runktrun
15 years ago

I took a ride around town this morning and took a few snap shots of how different folks grew wisteria. Wisteria is a genus made up of ten species; I believe floribunda (Japanese Wisteria) and sinensis (Chinese Wisteria) are the species most commonly seen in yards throughout New England. To be honest I know little about this plant family (and I am hoping some of you vine savvy folks can fill us in) other than Wisteria sinensis and perhaps other species as well tend to be invasive and is one mighty strong vine that needs to be sited thoughtfully. Im hoping youÂll share photos or thoughts about your wisteria. kt

This wisteria vine that is growing in a shrub like form is very old (to my knowledge 30+ years) with an extremely thick trunk is a cool way to grow this vine without concern for structural damage.

Cute showcase for what might have been considered a non descript cottage. The vine also p rovides them with a shaded summer porch.

This structure that I believe is separate from the from the side of the house is amazing from both outside the property as well as making quite the shady private retreat on a busy street corner.

What can I say here other than to my eye trouble with the roof and electrical meter are but a few short months away and I am sure Joe would be sharpening his axe if I dared to try this?

Across the street the neighbor seems to have a volunteer!!!

Here is a white wisteria vine that I planted ten years ago growing up an oak tree. I had visions of a grand romantic white corner with white azaleas below, sadly what I didnÂt consider was the timing of the bloom Â.this vine holds off and blooms just after the oaks leaves have matured so the only way I have ever seen a flower is by standing directly under the tree and squintingÂnot exactly what I had dreamed of.

Here is my wisteria standard that is again ten years old and I do like how it has spread the length of the fence but I wish I would have sited it further back away from the fenceÂhmm I wonder if I have what it takes to move this next winter.

Comments (30)