SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tulipscarolan_gw

Ideas for a gardening 'lesson'?

tulipscarolan
14 years ago

Hi there! I'm in a craft group, but I'm the least crafty. So when my turn comes around to host our group and have an activity, I've often done something gardening related. One year I bought us all large strawberry pots and herb plants, and we potted up "herb gardens".

Last year, I did sort of a gardening lesson, and it seemed to be a hit. Most of my friends aren't too, too experienced with gardening, as they are in their 30s with little kids and lots else to do :-) Therefore, they liked learning how to divide plants (we divided a bunch of my plants and everyone potted them up and took them home), and how to layer a hydrangea to make babies, and pruning tips (straight from The Well-Tended Per. Garden book), etc. Anyway, I think it was fun and useful, and there are a few people who missed it who will be here this year. So I'm thinking I might do something similar again. But, I don't want it to be too repetitive for those who came last year.

Do you have any ideas for a gardening craft or just maybe some good ideas for a gardening lesson? I have a reasonably extensive set of gardens, so there's plenty to work with. The timeframe will be early June.

Thanks so much!!

Comments (10)