SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedsmakemecrazy

Dog Friendly Garden

weedsmakemecrazy
17 years ago

Hi All:

I just joined to get some help creating a dog friendly garden.

We have a large yard and unfortunately had to install a fence as our newest dog liked to wander.I have been busy making raised beds along the fence and am almost ready to plant. (Thankfully - that was a lot of digging and hauling of soil!) A neighbor of mine told me that many of the plants that I had planned to put around the perimeter - and several that I already planted last year - could be toxic to dogs if they eat them - and our newest dog is a digger and a chewer. I have done some research, but everything on the internet gives slightly different information and the more I search, the more I think everything could be potentially toxic to dogs!

So...now I am looking for a ideas of beautiful plants that will hide the fence and won't be damaging to my furry buddies. I would also like something that would fill in quickly and spread in parts of it, because I have a lot of area to fill - some in full sun to partial shade to shade. Would love some help with this if anyone out there has some info

Thanks!

Comments (8)